Did you know that approximately 60% of the international students who come to Canada are willing to become permanent residents after their studies? This is because the country offers excellent advantages, such as the possibility of working after graduation, by applying for the Post-Graduation Work Permit, besides certain provincial immigration programs that also benefit international students.

Check below the options for visa/permit
should you wish to come to Canada to study.

Count on the assistance of the TFA team to take care of your process, conducting your entire application correctly and safely.

The SX-1 is a temporary study visa for those wishing to take courses of less than 24 weeks. For this reason, anyone entering Canada on this visa is considered to have visitor status. As this is an entry justified by study, it is necessary that the institution is a Designated Learning Institution (DLI),that is, that it is able to receive foreign students. In addition, the educational institution must provide the applicant with a Letter of Acceptance (LOA) for the purposes of obtaining a visa.
The S-1 is a study visa suitable for those who wish to study in Canada and take a program longer than 24 weeks. In this type of visa, the institution must also be a DLI and provide the LOA (Letter of Acceptance) Depending on your course and the conditions imposed on the Study Permit (document confirming student status in Canada), this permit allows the person to work for up to 20 hours a week and its validity is correlated with the person’s study period.
Suitable for those who want to study and work in Canada for a period longer than 24 months. The person who takes undergraduate and graduate courses that have a Co-op (mandatory internship) is only entitled to apply for this visa. In addition to the permission for Co-op, just like the S-1, this type of visa also allows the person to work for up to 20 hours per week (in addition to the Co-op time) and its validity is correlated with the study time.
The famous PGWP is a work permit granted to international students, over 18 years of age, who have continuously attended a full-time program at a Post-Secondary Institution, at an institution that offers this possibility, allowing them to remain and work in Canada (for any company) for a period from 1 up to 3 years after completing their studies. Amazing, right?

What to do prior applying for a study permit?

Get a free educational consultation.

Get a free initial consultation with our educational partner. Ask all your questions about exchange programs and discover the best options for schools and courses for you. Leave your contact below to receive more information


Fill in your details to receive more information regarding our immigration assistance service fees.


Fill in your details to receive more information regarding our immigration assistance service fees.


Sharing our clients’ experiences

"First of all, thank you to the entire team at this office who provided me with such a transparent and professional service. It's not just because I was approved. I know the complexity of my process and I know there are many chances of failing. And even if I had flunked, in all honesty, I would thank the office in the same way. For, from day one, Dr. Terry was very sincere, honest, clear, and solicitous with me. I felt in good hands at all times. At no point did I question whether I was putting my life in the hands of competent people. This Study Permit means a lot to me. I always dreamed of studying abroad and I really believe in this stage of my life. So, thank you very much!"
Jefferson G. de Aguiar
Tamires Samsonas
“I first hired a consultation with Terry due to wanting to apply for a student visa but coming from two refusals in the past. In the consult, Terry mentioned that it would be a pretty tough case but that we still had tools to come up with a good process and that I still had chances. I felt hopeful, trusted his know-how and hired Terry Ferreira & Associates to build my process and apply my student visa. Rafael was the consultant that helped me with my process and who answered all my questions in a super professional manner. He is a great professional! We applied for my visa and less than a month later we got my approval. I couldn't believe my eyes! I would recommend Terry's office in a heartbeat! Everyone, from the front desk to the consultant, is amazing! Thanks for helping me to reach my goal!”
Tamires Samsonas
“Excellent service at all stages of the process. Very serious and efficient company. Special thanks to Carolina and Isabel"
Fernando Franco
“Terry Ferreira and Associates were excellent! Super professional, attentive, they helped me with everything! Our visa came out super fast and the amount charged for them was fair. I’m very pleased!”
Márcia Moreira de Andrade e Família

Frequently asked questions about study visa/permit in canada

Frequently asked questions about study visa/permit in canada

Yes, it is very important to submit a letter of intent from the applicant who will be studying. The letter must be of a personal nature and make it as clear as possible why the applicant believes that the program will make a difference in his career.

In Study Permit applications, Immigration recommends submitting extracts from the last 4 months. This would be the rule but depending on the application and the profile of each applicant, fewer statements could be presented or only balances, this will be verified on a case-by-case basis.

Anyone who has student status within Canada cannot stay over 150 calendar days without actually studying. This period runs from the date of issuance of the permit.

If you intend to study for more than 6 months in Canada, you will need to undergo a medical examination. This goes for all family members who will accompany you.

If you are eligible to work off campus, you can work up to 20 hours a week when you actually start attending classes. During scheduled program breaks, such as summer or winter break and spring break, you can work up to 40 hours a week. I emphasize that you can only start working in Canada when you start your study program.

No. Although you already have the visa as a way to prove that your study request has been approved, what gives you the status of a student within Canada is the Study Permit, so only when you have the permit issued in your hands is it who will be able to start the studies.

A person who has student status in Canada (possessing a Study Permit) and is taking a post-secondary program is normally entitled to work 20 hours a week, regardless of whether the course has a mandatory internship or not. What allows you to work part-time is the student status, the Study Permit itself.

Choose your language: